The Gift of Therapy: A Conversation with Irvin Yalom, MD
(what's this?) 2.0 CREDITS
Required: watch video (sold separately) and read downloadable chapter
Your subscription is currently suspended due to an expired or invalid credit card. Please visit your account and update your credit card info.
This stream was successfully added to your library!
This stream is already in your library.
You do not have sufficient subscription credits to add this stream.
If you wish to add this stream immediately, consider upgrading to the unlimited subscription to get immediate access to the full psychotherapy.net streaming library.
Alternatively, you may wait until you receive more stream credits next month.
This exceeds the number of videos you are allowed because you have selected a set or series. If you desperately want to watch these videos now, you can upgrade to the Unlimited Plan. Alternatively, you can select the streams of your choice by clicking on each title separately, and add more titles next month.
It is NOT intended to be:
- viewed in a group or classroom
- shared amongst members or clients of an organization
- purchased by a library, school or university
For any of the uses listed above, you are REQUIRED to purchase a Group License
We reserve the right to cancel orders or terminate service if we suspect any un-authorized usage.
The Group License is appropriate for teaching, training, sharing amongst members of an organization and group viewing. Group Licenses are REQUIRED for orders from universities, colleges, clinics and all organizations and institutions. Most Group License videos come with an Instructor's Manual, which includes complete transcript, discussion questions, role-play exercises and other teaching tools.
Streams: Group Licenses include the right to use in-class or in the organization for the duration of the license purchased.
DVDs: Group Licenses include the right, in perpetuity, to use in-class or in the organization.
Save (up to 30% per CE) by purchasing the DVD and CE Credits at the same time. After placing your order, the CE test and additional reading materials, if any, will be available in your account. After viewing the DVD, you will be able to take the test at your convenience.
If you have purchased a CE package your points will be redeemed at checkout and you will be charged for the price of the DVD only.
Psychotherapy.net offers Continuing Education courses for most of our articles, interviews and videos, at an additional cost. Our Continuing Education courses are approved for home study and online CE Credits for Psychologists, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals Most associations and boards allow all or part of CE credits to be obtained online or in home study courses. See our CE Approvals List for the detailed list of boards and associations that have approved us.
All tests are taken online, at your own pace. All you need is to set up an account with us—don't worry, we will walk you through the process. As soon as you pass, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion directly from your account and mail it to your board.
Please note that for CE courses associated with videos, you must purchase or have access to the corresponding video.
For more information about our Continuing Education program, read our CE Policy and FAQs.
- View videos instantly.
- Watch as many times as you want.
- Create an account, add selected streams to your shopping cart and check out. You will be able to access and view your videos after completion of your order.
Please note that Individual Licenses cannot be shared with others. This restricted license does not allow for group viewing, teaching, training, or any institutional use. We reserve the right to terminate service if we suspect any unauthorized usage.
Please view our Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Streaming allows faculty, staff and students to access our videos anywhere, anytime.
- Institutions are required to sign a contract to access our streaming platform.
- Pricing of video streams is based on number of users. Standard prices start at $150 per year for most videos. 3- year licenses are offered at a significant discount.
- Surcharges will apply for large number of users and multiple locations. Very small organizations can benefit from discounted prices.
- Institutions interested in our whole collection should contact us for special pricing.
- On and off campus access possible via IP address or Proxy Server.
View our About Streaming page for more details.
- Tom Mabee - Ph.D. Adjunct Graduate Psychology Faculty Nova Southeastern University, Florida
"The Gift of Therapy DVD put words into action. No matter how much you enjoy reading a favorite author's works there is no greater way to see their true self then to watch them in person. Nothing can compare to seeing the sincerity and genuineness come alive. I was delighted to see that all the profound and enticing information I read over the last few years turned out to be a true portrait of who he is. To that end, for me the DVD was the 'icing on the cake' and that was a gift in itself!"
- Maureen McCullough - Vancouver, Canada
" 'The Gift of Therapy: a Conversation with Irvin Yalom should be on all university library shelves."
- Reviewed by Tony Verner in Psychotherapy in Australia
• Working in the Here-and-Now
• Therapist Self-Disclosure
• Keeping Therapy Alive in the Era of Managed Care
• Avoiding Burnout by Staying Curious
• Existential and Group Psychotherapy
• The Therapist Role and Fellow Travelers
• Challenges and Tips for the Next Generation of Therapists
He elucidates these topics as always with engaging stories from his work with patients, and his own personal life experiences. This video will be valuable for personal and professional learning for therapists and students, patients, and anyone interested in the process of human growth and self-understanding.
See all Irvin Yalom Videos
Purchase Signed Irvin Yalom books!
• Broaden awareness of working in the here-and-now.
• Consider the complexities of therapist self-disclosure.
• Increase knowledge of existential and group psychotherapy.
• Deepen understanding of the challenges facing the next generation of therapists.