Getting Control of Yourself: Anger Management Tools and Techniques
Going far beyond the old “count to 10, take a deep breath” models, and completely eliminating shame-based techniques, Christian Conte, PhD, offers radical new ways of understanding why people rage and how they can stop. In this video, you will learn about the neurochemistry of anger, how to recognize your client’s personal anger-types, and how to help them master antidotes to each. In addition, you will become skilled at helping clients recognize their triggers, detach from their thoughts, and use their self-awareness more effectively.
(what's this?) 2.5 CREDITS
Required: watch video (sold separately) and read downloadable chapter
Your subscription is currently suspended due to an expired or invalid credit card. Please visit your account and update your credit card info.
This stream was successfully added to your library!
This stream is already in your library.
You do not have sufficient subscription credits to add this stream.
If you wish to add this stream immediately, consider upgrading to the unlimited subscription to get immediate access to the full psychotherapy.net streaming library.
Alternatively, you may wait until you receive more stream credits next month.
This exceeds the number of videos you are allowed because you have selected a set or series. If you desperately want to watch these videos now, you can upgrade to the Unlimited Plan. Alternatively, you can select the streams of your choice by clicking on each title separately, and add more titles next month.
It is NOT intended to be:
- viewed in a group or classroom
- shared amongst members or clients of an organization
- purchased by a library, school or university
For any of the uses listed above, you are REQUIRED to purchase a Group License
We reserve the right to cancel orders or terminate service if we suspect any un-authorized usage.
The Group License is appropriate for teaching, training, sharing amongst members of an organization and group viewing. Group Licenses are REQUIRED for orders from universities, colleges, clinics and all organizations and institutions. Most Group License videos come with an Instructor's Manual, which includes complete transcript, discussion questions, role-play exercises and other teaching tools.
Streams: Group Licenses include the right to use in-class or in the organization for the duration of the license purchased.
DVDs: Group Licenses include the right, in perpetuity, to use in-class or in the organization.
Save (up to 30% per CE) by purchasing the DVD and CE Credits at the same time. After placing your order, the CE test and additional reading materials, if any, will be available in your account. After viewing the DVD, you will be able to take the test at your convenience.
If you have purchased a CE package your points will be redeemed at checkout and you will be charged for the price of the DVD only.
Psychotherapy.net offers Continuing Education courses for most of our articles, interviews and videos, at an additional cost. Our Continuing Education courses are approved for home study and online CE Credits for Psychologists, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals Most associations and boards allow all or part of CE credits to be obtained online or in home study courses. See our CE Approvals List for the detailed list of boards and associations that have approved us.
All tests are taken online, at your own pace. All you need is to set up an account with us—don't worry, we will walk you through the process. As soon as you pass, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion directly from your account and mail it to your board.
Please note that for CE courses associated with videos, you must purchase or have access to the corresponding video.
For more information about our Continuing Education program, read our CE Policy and FAQs.
- View videos instantly.
- Watch as many times as you want.
- Create an account, add selected streams to your shopping cart and check out. You will be able to access and view your videos after completion of your order.
Please note that Individual Licenses cannot be shared with others. This restricted license does not allow for group viewing, teaching, training, or any institutional use. We reserve the right to terminate service if we suspect any unauthorized usage.
Please view our Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Streaming allows faculty, staff and students to access our videos anywhere, anytime.
- Institutions are required to sign a contract to access our streaming platform.
- Pricing of video streams is based on number of users. Standard prices start at $150 per year for most videos. 3- year licenses are offered at a significant discount.
- Surcharges will apply for large number of users and multiple locations. Very small organizations can benefit from discounted prices.
- Institutions interested in our whole collection should contact us for special pricing.
- On and off campus access possible via IP address or Proxy Server.
View our About Streaming page for more details.
- Samuel T. Gladding, PhD, Professor of Counseling, Wake Forest University; Past President, American Counseling Association.
"Divided into chapters, some of the mini-lectures here are more geared to the mean-street environments, but the underlying principles are universal, and Conte makes the viewer pay fresh attention to paraphrasings based on old saws about cooling down, stepping back, taking a deep breath, and thinking things over (it may be worthwhile to note that Dr. Conte actually looks a bit like a massive WWE wrestler). A solid psychology title on a perennially timely topic, this is highly recommended." (3 1/2 Stars)
- C. Cassady, Reviewed in VideoLibrarian.com
By watching this video, you will:
• Learn the key components of Conte’s anger management model
• Identify the different types of rage people experience, as well as their psychological origin
• Understand the tools for de-escalating anger and making healthier choices in moments of conflict
- Learn the key components of Conte’s anger management model
- Identify the different types of rage people experience, as well as their psychological origin
- Understand the tools for de-escalating anger and making healthier choices in moments of conflict
- Explain the key concepts and theories of W. Robert Nay's anger self-assessment tool