Action Methods in Couples Therapy
Over the course of three sessions based on an actual case with a married couple, Dr. Wiener demonstrates a series of original and effective exercises, interspersed with observations of the couple’s dynamics and rationale for his therapeutic choices. Here is a rare opportunity to be a “fly on the wall” during multiple sessions with the same couple, enabling you to see how, over time, these potent improvisational techniques can help people move through significant conflicts into a renewed loving and playful connection.
This informative video will support you in shifting your clients out of their stuck places and allow you to facilitate new possibilities for relating. Equally important, Dr. Wiener will help you look at your work with fresh eyes as he teaches you techniques that will broaden your therapeutic repertoire.
(what's this?) 4.0 CREDITS
Required: watch video (sold separately) and read downloadable chapter
It is NOT intended to be:
- viewed in a group or classroom
- shared amongst members or clients of an organization
- purchased by a library, school or university
For any of the uses listed above, you are REQUIRED to purchase a Group License
We reserve the right to cancel orders or terminate service if we suspect any un-authorized usage.
The Group License is appropriate for teaching, training, sharing amongst members of an organization and group viewing. Group Licenses are REQUIRED for orders from universities, colleges, clinics and all organizations and institutions. Most Group License videos come with an Instructor's Manual, which includes complete transcript, discussion questions, role-play exercises and other teaching tools.
Streams: Group Licenses include the right to use in-class or in the organization for the duration of the license purchased.
DVDs: Group Licenses include the right, in perpetuity, to use in-class or in the organization.
Save (up to 30% per CE) by purchasing the DVD and CE Credits at the same time. After placing your order, the CE test and additional reading materials, if any, will be available in your account. After viewing the DVD, you will be able to take the test at your convenience.
If you have purchased a CE package your points will be redeemed at checkout and you will be charged for the price of the DVD only.
Psychotherapy.net offers Continuing Education courses for most of our articles, interviews and videos, at an additional cost. Our Continuing Education courses are approved for home study and online CE Credits for Psychologists, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals Most associations and boards allow all or part of CE credits to be obtained online or in home study courses. See our CE Approvals List for the detailed list of boards and associations that have approved us.
All tests are taken online, at your own pace. All you need is to set up an account with us—don't worry, we will walk you through the process. As soon as you pass, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion directly from your account and mail it to your board.
Please note that for CE courses associated with videos, you must purchase or have access to the corresponding video.
For more information about our Continuing Education program, read our CE Policy and FAQs.
- View videos instantly.
- Watch as many times as you want.
- Create an account, add selected streams to your shopping cart and check out. You will be able to access and view your videos after completion of your order.
Please note that Individual Licenses cannot be shared with others. This restricted license does not allow for group viewing, teaching, training, or any institutional use. We reserve the right to terminate service if we suspect any unauthorized usage.
Please view our Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Streaming allows faculty, staff and students to access our videos anywhere, anytime.
- Institutions are required to sign a contract to access our streaming platform.
- Pricing of video streams is based on number of users. Standard prices start at $150 per year for most videos. 3- year licenses are offered at a significant discount.
- Surcharges will apply for large number of users and multiple locations. Very small organizations can benefit from discounted prices.
- Institutions interested in our whole collection should contact us for special pricing.
- On and off campus access possible via IP address or Proxy Server.
View our About Streaming page for more details.
- Mario Cossa, MA, TEP, Co-Founder, Bay Area Moreno Institute for Psychodrama and Related Action Methods
Although many innovators in our field claim that their approaches work for all populations, Wiener freely (and refreshingly) admits that many couples are not open or interested in trying out these exercises; but these improvisations techniques are indeed a valuable resource to have in your therapy toolbox. If you find yourself feeling restless with therapy as usual, this video may add some creative spark to your practice.
By watching this video, you will:
• Understand the components of Rehearsals for Growth™ and how to apply these improvisational techniques to assessment and therapy with couples.
• Learn how to facilitate discussions that will enrich each couple’s understanding of their relational tendencies, enabling them to try out new ways of being.
• Find more ease in transitioning between action methods and talk therapy.
• Understand the components of Rehearsals for Growth™ and their application in assessment and therapy with couples.
• Learn how to facilitate post-exercise discussions that will enrich couples’ understanding of their relational tendencies, enabling them to try out new ways of being.
• Discover methods for transitioning between action methods and talk therapy.