Resolving Trauma in Psychotherapy: A Somatic Approach
(what's this?) 5.0 CREDITS
Required: watch video (sold separately) and read downloadable chapter
Your subscription is currently suspended due to an expired or invalid credit card. Please visit your account and update your credit card info.
This stream was successfully added to your library!
This stream is already in your library.
You do not have sufficient subscription credits to add this stream.
If you wish to add this stream immediately, consider upgrading to the unlimited subscription to get immediate access to the full psychotherapy.net streaming library.
Alternatively, you may wait until you receive more stream credits next month.
This exceeds the number of videos you are allowed because you have selected a set or series. If you desperately want to watch these videos now, you can upgrade to the Unlimited Plan. Alternatively, you can select the streams of your choice by clicking on each title separately, and add more titles next month.
It is NOT intended to be:
- viewed in a group or classroom
- shared amongst members or clients of an organization
- purchased by a library, school or university
For any of the uses listed above, you are REQUIRED to purchase a Group License
We reserve the right to cancel orders or terminate service if we suspect any un-authorized usage.
The Group License is appropriate for teaching, training, sharing amongst members of an organization and group viewing. Group Licenses are REQUIRED for orders from universities, colleges, clinics and all organizations and institutions. Most Group License videos come with an Instructor's Manual, which includes complete transcript, discussion questions, role-play exercises and other teaching tools.
Streams: Group Licenses include the right to use in-class or in the organization for the duration of the license purchased.
DVDs: Group Licenses include the right, in perpetuity, to use in-class or in the organization.
Save (up to 30% per CE) by purchasing the DVD and CE Credits at the same time. After placing your order, the CE test and additional reading materials, if any, will be available in your account. After viewing the DVD, you will be able to take the test at your convenience.
If you have purchased a CE package your points will be redeemed at checkout and you will be charged for the price of the DVD only.
Psychotherapy.net offers Continuing Education credits for most of our articles, interviews and videos, at an additional cost. We are approved for home study and online CE Credits for Psychologists, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals Most associations and boards allow all or part of CE credits to be obtained online or in home study courses. See our CE Approvals List for the detailed list of boards and associations that have approved us.
All tests are taken online, at your own pace. All you need is to set up an account with us—don't worry, we will walk you through the process. As soon as you pass, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion directly from your account and mail it to your board.
Please note that for CE credits associated with videos, you must purchase or have access to the corresponding video.
For more information about our Continuing Education program, read our CE Policy and FAQs.
- View videos instantly.
- Watch as many times as you want.
- Create an account, add selected streams to your shopping cart and check out. You will be able to access and view your videos after completion of your order.
Please note that Individual Licenses cannot be shared with others. This restricted license does not allow for group viewing, teaching, training, or any institutional use. We reserve the right to terminate service if we suspect any unauthorized usage.
Please view our Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Streaming allows faculty, staff and students to access our videos anywhere, anytime.
- Institutions are required to sign a contract to access our streaming platform.
- Pricing of video streams is based on number of users. Standard prices start at $150 per year for most videos. 3- year licenses are offered at a significant discount.
- Surcharges will apply for large number of users and multiple locations. Very small organizations can benefit from discounted prices.
- Institutions interested in our whole collection should contact us for special pricing.
- On and off campus access possible via IP address or Proxy Server.
View our About Streaming page for more details.
- Doug Southeren, reviewed in Psychotherapy in Australia
"In this DVD, Peter Levine teaches and exemplifies a wise, experienced and kindly approach to working with trauma survivors. Several important and useful concepts are covered, including the creation of a safe space, the timing of attention to traumatic issues, the need to pay close attention to visible expressions of tension, confusion and, conversely, relaxation and understanding, as well as a sensitive assessment of the use of touch to promote healing. He clearly has a deep understanding of the impact of trauma in all its varieties, and possesses a mastery of techniques for treating this deserving population."
- Frank Ochberg, MD - Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Michigan State University, Editor of Post-traumatic Therapy and Victims of Violence, Founder, www.giftfromwith.org.
"This video provides an especially clear demonstration of Peter Levine’s highly effective approach to working with trauma. His sessions with Ray, an Iraq war veteran, show how Peter slowly and gently guides Ray towards the reduction of his symptoms and the recovery of self-regulation. In breakouts from the sessions, Peter explains the underlying physiology of trauma and how he treats it step by careful step, without re-traumatizing his client. These DVD’s of actual sessions are probably the most powerful, effective way to understand and appreciate Peter Levine’s finely attuned approach to working with the terrible tragedy of trauma."
- Ron Kurtz, DHL - Founder of the Hakomi Method; Author of Body-Centered Psychotherapy
"Levine masterfully works with the soldier using the somatic-experiencing technique that he developed during the last 40 years…Levine’s knowledge of trauma and how it affects the body is amazing, and he uses it with precision to bring out the trauma and heal the body and mind. It is a respectful and powerful approach…This two DVD set offers new tools and perspectives about trauma and healing. I recommend this DVD and I already have told several people about it."
- John D. Lentz, D.Min., reviewed in The Milton H. Erickson Foundation Newsletter
"This double DVD set contributes substantially to the field of psychotherapy and trauma work.The manual is well written and clearly articulates the main tenets of the theory, and the case study is an eye-opening example of the potential impact....I highly recommend this DVD for anyone with an interest in trauma-work and body work integrated into psychotherapy."
- Margot Sennett, reviewed in The New Therapist (South Africa)
• Learn the nine building blocks of the Somatic Experiencing® approach
• Understand the physiological orientation that underpins this method of trauma resolution
• Have the tools to integrate basic somatic methods into your clinical work with trauma clients
• Explain the nine building blocks of Somatic Experiencing®.
• Describe techniques to establish a safe environment, orient the client to the here-and-now, and explore bodily sensations.
• Understand the physiological basis of trauma.